Anthea C. Kin completed two years of training in Europe at the Yorkshire Riding Center with both German and French instructors. The Yorkshire Riding Center is the only facility in England to produce two members of the same British Olympic Dressage Team.
After completing her education, Anthea was asked to remain at the Yorkshire Riding Center as an instructor, and did so for one year. Subsequently, she was chief instructor at several prestigious equestrian centers across England and competed in Dressage, Three Day-Eventing, and Open Jumping. While in England, Anthea continued her education with clinics and seminars at the British Equestrian Center. Since arriving in the United States, Anthea has trained three of her own, and several client’s horses to FEI level.
Over the past 25 years she has won numerous awards including
- USDF Bronze 1988, Silver 1993 and Gold Medals 1996
- Qualified for Regional Championships on one or more horses every year at all levels through Grand Prix.
- Won SWDC Intermediate I Gold Medal in 1995
- Won SWDC and GAIG Imtermediate II Gold Medal in 2010
- 5th Young Horse National 5 yr old Championships.
- Top 10 6yr Old and PSG Developing Horse National Championships.
- Graduated USDF L Judges Program With Distinction in 2001.
Anthea enjoys teaching rider of all levels and ages, and considers the development of happy, relaxed horses and riders to be of top priority.
Ambitions to compete are at the discretion of the student.